No matter what stage in your professional career, there are ways for you to get a boost. Depending on the organization you work for you might be:
- feeling stuck where you are and are trying to hatch an “escape plan”, or,
- your organization values you and is actively encouraging you to “level up” and become more valuable.
Irrespective of whether you’re in the former or the latter, considering doing the PMP Certification online is a great use of your resources to help get to the next level.
What is the PMP Certification Course?
The PMP Certification course is a way for you to prepare for the PMP Certification. There are several available, so the one you do mainly comes down to cost and whether you do it online or off.
Any course that adequately prepares you for the PMP Certification should cover the 49 Project Management processes that are listed in the PMBOK ®Guide – 6th edition (Project Management Body Of Knowledge) guide. These processes are further broken out across 10 knowledge areas and 5 process groups.
N.B.: there have been some changes to the syllabus since early 2022, which the lists below take into account:
10 Knowledge Areas:
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
5 Process Groups:
- Monitoring and Controlling.
What Should Happen After Successful Completion of a PMP Certification Course
Doing the course itself is no mean feat, but the rewards are significant. Here’s why it’s worthwhile considering completing one:
- competence: to even sign up to do the PMP Certification course to begin with, you need to have already have had 7,000+ hours of documented project management experience (with a high school diploma). Even with on the job experience, there isn’t any guarantee that you’ll know everything required to pass the PMP. Doing the coursework will mean you’re vastly more prepared to pass the exam and be properly certified.
- confidence: have you ever met those people who are very competent but lack confidence? They’re happy working in the background while other people take credit for their work. It’s possible that I’ve actually described you! The coursework (and exam) will go through scenarios that you will face on a regular basis. You’ll learn how to behave and perform under pressure, taking back the credit that belongs to you.
- clarity: clarity will come in everything that you do, both before and after passing the exam. You will communicate better, negotiate better and drive your point home like never before. Doing the PMP certification course helps you hone your skills into a razor sharp edge that captures peoples’ attention, both beneath and above you and helps you command the respect that you deserve.
Example of PMP Certification Course Training
This video is an Introduction to PMP Certification Training from the provider, Simplilearn. Whichever provider you end up going with, make sure the course syllabus is clear, easy to understand and comprehensive. You’ll be on your way to becoming PMP Certified very soon!